Monday, February 4, 2008

Mothering Ourselves

Dearest Goddesses,

I am happy to be in Isis’s arms this week. Isis represents Mothering – and no matter who you are, I’m sure you could use a little of that unconditional nurturing in your life. I hope you all are lucky enough to have received that kind of nurturing, loving relationship with your mother – or someone who acted as a mother figure. Wiping your tears and kissing it to make it better when you got hurt, or telling you that everything was going to be okay when the hurt wasn’t physical but emotional. Eventually, you got a little too big to sit on mom’s lap and your needs weren’t as easy to meet. I sometimes long for the day of having mom kiss it and know that it was going to be all better!

Alas – it is up to me now to mother myself and make sure I am nurtured, and that I allow myself to receive all of the nurturing that is around me. And since my mommy does not live in easy hugging distance, it is up to me to make sure my needs are met when I need a hug and to be told it’s all going to be okay!

I certainly look forward to embracing Isis and learn what aspects of my life need more mothering, how I can open myself further to mothering and allow others to mother me.

Patty’s Challenge: Read the attachment on Isis – where does mothering need to show up more in your life?

Love & Blessings,
Patty

No comments: