Monday, May 19, 2008

Embracing Fear

Dear Goddesses,

I suppose there is no mistake that last week got away from me since Kali was the next Goddess in line! Ah, fear...Avoid, pretend it's not there, work around it (but not through it) make excuses, justify, etc. It's just exhausting. Kali is here to challenge us, not to frighten us, for many of us have become complacent in our lives, our boxes, our "limitations". Kali will grant you your greatest wish, but you must make a sacrifice in return - it could be free time, or a relationship that isn't working, a secure job...I think with complacency, what we fear the most is the potential mess it would make in our lives - however in the long run, complacency actually creates bigger messes, that one way or another we will be forced to clean up. Many people wait for ugly divorces or disease in order to clean up the messes. What is it that keeps us from living our best life every minute of the day?

I don't know if it's a function of the 30's, but lately I've been feeling this itch that I should "be somewhere." Maybe it's the biological clock thing, maybe nostalgia - that I can relate to things in the past in multiple decades, wondering whether my high school self would be proud of what I have accomplished. I'm not sure where it is that I'm "supposed" to be or what I am comparing my accomplishments (or lack thereof) to - but I am clear that this "itch" doesn't allow me to be completely present in the moment and ends up becoming a distraction to the real change that is possible if I would allow myself to truly be challenged.

Patty's Challenge: What is one area of your life that you are being complacent in? Be willing to take it on and invite Kali in. We can kid ourselves that it's not the right time. I suppose on one hand, the timing is never "perfect" and yet on the other, it always is.

Love to you,
Patty

No comments: