Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Opening The Heart

Dearest Goddesses,

I got a temporary but pretty intense case of the blues last night. I had no idea what it was that set it off, but was glad that I woke up feeling a little lighter. I did a chakra meditation and it really was amazing. I simply sat silently going envisioning white light going down my body stopping at all the chakra centers. Each center had a very distinct feel and filled with its respective colors and in each of the centers I had a vision of a stick figure woman in different poses or with different movements – from yoga, to dancing – it was a lot of fun. When I got to my heart center though, dead quiet – like the twilight zone – abandoned. It took a lot of concentration for me to visualize a piece of grass (your heart center resonates to the color green). And then when I got to my first chakra at the base of the spine – I felt overwhelmed with the color red. So those are the two chakras that I need to work with. I did feel like it was Cerridwen’s way of helping me identify my fear – or give me a direction in which to focus.

I’ve included a brief chart below on the chakras, their location and their color so that you can also do a similar meditation and see if you notice any blocks to be able to then do some work on that particular chakra.

Because the heart center links the bottom three chakras with the top three chakras – and it was the one I needed the most work with – I’ve included some information on the heart chakra from The Chakra Handbook. Another excellent resource for information on the chakras and its link to Feng Shui is my dear friend Nancy SantoPietro’s book Feng Shui & Health: The Anatomy of a Home. It’s especially a must read for anyone who is experiencing illness of any kind.

The heart chakra information is attached in a word document – please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any other questions about any other chakras.

Patty’s Challenge: Find a time and a place where you will not be disturbed and guide yourself through a chakra meditation. All I did this morning was envision a white light at the top of my head coming into my body through the top of my head. I stopped at each chakra center, and visualized it filling with its respective color. I noticed the feeling of the space and whether it was open or not and the moving stick figures were an added bonus. If you are color blind or have difficulty visualizing color, I sometimes use associations – things I know to be a specific color – for instance grass or trees or a green apple for the heart center; a blue sky for the throat chakra, etc.

Chakra: Location: Color:

1st Chakra / Survival Center Base of Spine Red

2nd Chakra / Social Center 2 inches below navel Orange

3rd Chakra / Will Center Solar Plexus (sternum) Yellow

4th Chakra / Heart Center Center of Chest Green

5th Chakra / Throat Center Throat Sky Blue

6th Chakra / Third Eye Center Between Eyebrows Indigo

7th Chakra / Crown Center Top of Head Purple

Blessings,

Patty

No comments: